Sunday, August 19, 2007

 

Betraying the Present

Now . . . on the matter of "B". He definitely exists in my past and within the safe places in my dreams. When I do go to those private sanctuaries to get a reprieve from the present, am I actually turning my back to the present, and therefore betraying everything that is in my present?

Why do we need to establish sanctuaries deep inside our brains? I am certain that you too have secret places you revisit in your past to reaffirm the person that you are now.

It is incredible how a song you listened to so many times a long long time ago can bring in vivid images of the past which in turn bring the same emotions, the same sentiments, the same feelings and associative thoughts that you felt those times in the past.

I would be driving for instance, and I hear a song from the past amd all of a sudden, I am "emotionally" transported to that period in time! It is amazing and awe-inspiring. Again, am I betraying my present when I take a ride in my past?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Visit My Other Blogs

Shopper's Blog
Coming Home
A Shop Story
Tsinita's Life as a Guard Cat

Please grace my Guest Book